Adoption Lawyer in Springfield
Top Advocacy for Parents Building Families Through Adoption
Adoption is an exciting process. As you build your family through adoption,
our Springfield family law attorneys at
Shuler Law Firm, LLC wants to be here for you to help and support you every step of the way.
Adoption should be purely an exciting time, but unfortunately for many
it also involves some legal challenges.
Let an experienced Springfield
family lawyer handle your legal questions and the legal aspect of your adoption so you
can focus on bringing your child home. Call
Types of Adoption
- Our firm represents clients in numerous adoption scenarios, including:
- Agency adoptions
- Closed adoptions
- Open adoptions
- Stepparent adoptions
- Grandparent adoptions
- Contested adoptions
- Domestic adoptions
- Interstate adoptions
- Intercountry adoptions
- Foster child adoption
Each of these cases presents unique challenges. Giving a child a home and
seeking the rights and responsibilities of parenthood for a non-biological
child is an honorable goal. Our team is here to support you in your endeavor
to build your family through adoption.
Am I Qualified to Adopt?
You may be wondering if you are eligible to adopt a child. Missouri laws
do place restrictions on which individuals are qualified to adopt children.
- In order to adopt a child in the state of Missouri, you must:
- Be 22 years of age or older
- Be able to pass a background check
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally
- Have a stable source of income
- Live in a safe home
- Be willing to work with the birth family of the child you adopt, if applicable
- Complete an assessment and review process
- In cases of stepparent adoption: Be legally married for six months or more
Have questions about adoption in Missouri? Want to schedule a free consultation
with a Springfield family law attorney?
Call our firm at (417) 288-4433 today.