Springfield Adoption Attorney
Top Advocacy for Parents Building Families Through Adoption
Adoption is an exciting process. As you build your family through adoption,
our attorneys at
Shuler Law Firm, LLC want to be here to help and support you every step of the way. Adoption
should be purely an exciting time, but unfortunately for many, it also
involves some legal challenges.
Let an experienced Springfield, Missouri, adoption attorney handle your
legal questions and the legal aspect of your adoption so you can focus
on bringing your child home. Call
(417) 288-4433 or
contact us online!
Types of Adoption
- Our firm represents clients in numerous adoption scenarios, including:
- Agency adoptions
- Closed adoptions
- Open adoptions
- Stepparent adoptions
- Grandparent adoptions
- Contested adoptions
- Domestic adoptions
- Interstate adoptions
- Inter-country adoptions
- Foster child adoption
Each of these cases presents unique challenges. Giving a child a home and
seeking the rights and responsibilities of parenthood for a non-biological
child is a worthy goal.
Our team is here to support you in building your family through adoption.
How Do I Adopt a Baby in Missouri?
You may be wondering if you are eligible to adopt a child. Missouri laws
do place restrictions on which individuals are qualified to adopt children.
You may be registered as single or married without children already at home.
- To adopt a child in the state of Missouri, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be able to pass a background check which checks for child abuse, neglect,
and criminal history
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally
- Have a stable source of income
- Live in a safe home that meets licensing standards
- Be willing to participate in and complete a free training and assessment process
- Be willing to work with the birth family of the child you adopt, if applicable
- In cases of stepparent adoption: Be legally married for six months or more
Have questions about adoption? Want to schedule a free initial phone consultation
with a Springfield, Missouri adoption attorney?
Call our firm at
(417) 288-4433 today.